Q) Problem w/basement flooding,a Waterproofing company charged me $14,219 to correct....Two of the firms inspectors INSISTED underground water was being forced up into cellar...VIA HYDROSTATIC PRESSURE and ONLY a "French" drain would correct it...
A) Unforntuately,it sounds like you have been taken by a COMMON SCAM perpetrated by SO-called waterproofing experts.These snake-oil salesmen use high pressure tactics and scary words...to pressure consumers into hiring them for EXPENSIVE and almost-always UNNECESSARY repairs.....advice is to SUE the contractor for not correcting the problem and for FRAUD....ONLY through ACTIONS like these mostly disreputable THEIVES cease stop taking advantage of the COUNTLESS victims like yourself
What is a "finished" basement?
superstorm Sandy Shore home
Bricked over basement staricase source of seepage?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes