Q) Problem w/basement flooding,a Waterproofing company charged me $14,219 to correct....Two of the firms inspectors INSISTED underground water was being forced up into cellar...VIA HYDROSTATIC PRESSURE and ONLY a "French" drain would correct it...
A) Unforntuately,it sounds like you have been taken by a COMMON SCAM perpetrated by SO-called waterproofing experts.These snake-oil salesmen use high pressure tactics and scary words...to pressure consumers into hiring them for EXPENSIVE and almost-always UNNECESSARY repairs.....advice is to SUE the contractor for not correcting the problem and for FRAUD....ONLY through ACTIONS like these mostly disreputable THEIVES cease stop taking advantage of the COUNTLESS victims like yourself
What is a "finished" basement?
superstorm Sandy Shore home
Bricked over basement staricase source of seepage?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!