its where water FIRST enters, for instance, into a hollow block wall.
NO INSIDE System, NOT one will STOP-PREVENT further/future water from entering, need to waterproof crack(s) on the OUTSIDE. This will stop/prevent firther mold/efflorescence etc from growing on basement wall.
Look at PIC`s, see cracks on Outside? See roots growing IN crack? They can widen a crack, they can also push against a basement wall, so too can expanding/contracting soil-pressure. insects can EASILY enter your home/basement THROUGH these cracks as can radon gas.
Wall(s) can bow inward from soil pressure and/or roots...inside systems do NOT stop/prevent any of the problems...they will,in most cases keep water that will continue to ENTER, off most of the basement FLOOR! Block wall can also deteriorate, especially along the bottom courses. DEFINE the ACTUAL problem--where water is FIRST entering...then fix it correctly.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!