its where water FIRST enters, for instance, into a hollow block wall.
NO INSIDE System, NOT one will STOP-PREVENT further/future water from entering, need to waterproof crack(s) on the OUTSIDE. This will stop/prevent firther mold/efflorescence etc from growing on basement wall.
Look at PIC`s, see cracks on Outside? See roots growing IN crack? They can widen a crack, they can also push against a basement wall, so too can expanding/contracting soil-pressure. insects can EASILY enter your home/basement THROUGH these cracks as can radon gas.
Wall(s) can bow inward from soil pressure and/or roots...inside systems do NOT stop/prevent any of the problems...they will,in most cases keep water that will continue to ENTER, off most of the basement FLOOR! Block wall can also deteriorate, especially along the bottom courses. DEFINE the ACTUAL problem--where water is FIRST entering...then fix it correctly.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!