I am finishing my basement and I have a couple of quick questions about insulation and vapor barriers
Currently all of the cement walls in my basement have been painted with the drylock paint. In addition I have also applied extruded polystyrene between the walls and the newly constructed walls.
The questions that I have deal with the back wall of my basement. This is a walk out basement and the back wall is completely above ground. It consists of 2 x 6’s instead of cement. The home builder insulated this wall with fiberglass batts with and covered it with a foil barrier.
Is the back walls setup acceptable to be covered up with drywall in its current state? Should I install another vapor barrier or will the foil barrier suffice? Finally, there are a few rips in the foil barrier, how should I repair them? I was thinking about using foil tape or another layer of the foil barrier sheets.
Thanks for the help
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes