I posted this in the plumbing section but after I saw this basement section I thought it might belong here.
Under my basement floor my drain tiles collect water and directs it into my sump pit. My washing machine is also in my basement and the drain for the sink that the water from the washing machine goes into is also under my basement floor and is directed to the same sump pit as the ground water. The discharge pipe goes up and out to the village sewer. This is the way the house was built back in 1960 and is "grandfathered" in by village code.
I am going to purchase a brand new sump pump because the existing submerisable sump pump came with the house and is at least 10 years old.
The water table is high here(NW suburb of Chicago)and the seasonal water table makes my pump run about once an hour. With a few days of rain the pump could run every couple minutes depending on how many inches we get.
I was looking to purchase a Zoeller M53 1/3 hp sump pump. Is this the correct pump or should I be looking at sewage pumps because of the washing machine discharge? And is 1/3 hp enough power?
Also is Zoeller a dependable pump? I heard the Hydromatics had a real problem with switches a couple of years ago. What other pumps are a good brand?
Sump Pump Drain
Sump pump pumps once per minute?
Sump Pump running more often than normal, should I b...
Sump Pump Runs in every 2 min
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!