I posted this in the plumbing section but after I saw this basement section I thought it might belong here.
Under my basement floor my drain tiles collect water and directs it into my sump pit. My washing machine is also in my basement and the drain for the sink that the water from the washing machine goes into is also under my basement floor and is directed to the same sump pit as the ground water. The discharge pipe goes up and out to the village sewer. This is the way the house was built back in 1960 and is "grandfathered" in by village code.
I am going to purchase a brand new sump pump because the existing submerisable sump pump came with the house and is at least 10 years old.
The water table is high here(NW suburb of Chicago)and the seasonal water table makes my pump run about once an hour. With a few days of rain the pump could run every couple minutes depending on how many inches we get.
I was looking to purchase a Zoeller M53 1/3 hp sump pump. Is this the correct pump or should I be looking at sewage pumps because of the washing machine discharge? And is 1/3 hp enough power?
Also is Zoeller a dependable pump? I heard the Hydromatics had a real problem with switches a couple of years ago. What other pumps are a good brand?
Sump Pump Drain
Sump pump pumps once per minute?
Sump Pump running more often than normal, should I b...
Sump Pump Runs in every 2 min
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects