I posted this in the plumbing section but after I saw this basement section I thought it might belong here.
Under my basement floor my drain tiles collect water and directs it into my sump pit. My washing machine is also in my basement and the drain for the sink that the water from the washing machine goes into is also under my basement floor and is directed to the same sump pit as the ground water. The discharge pipe goes up and out to the village sewer. This is the way the house was built back in 1960 and is "grandfathered" in by village code.
I am going to purchase a brand new sump pump because the existing submerisable sump pump came with the house and is at least 10 years old.
The water table is high here(NW suburb of Chicago)and the seasonal water table makes my pump run about once an hour. With a few days of rain the pump could run every couple minutes depending on how many inches we get.
I was looking to purchase a Zoeller M53 1/3 hp sump pump. Is this the correct pump or should I be looking at sewage pumps because of the washing machine discharge? And is 1/3 hp enough power?
Also is Zoeller a dependable pump? I heard the Hydromatics had a real problem with switches a couple of years ago. What other pumps are a good brand?
Sump Pump Drain
Such a thing as an EASY sump pump?
Sump pump pumps once per minute?
Sump Pump running more often than normal, should I b...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight