I posted this in the plumbing section but after I saw this basement section I thought it might belong here.
Under my basement floor my drain tiles collect water and directs it into my sump pit. My washing machine is also in my basement and the drain for the sink that the water from the washing machine goes into is also under my basement floor and is directed to the same sump pit as the ground water. The discharge pipe goes up and out to the village sewer. This is the way the house was built back in 1960 and is "grandfathered" in by village code.
I am going to purchase a brand new sump pump because the existing submerisable sump pump came with the house and is at least 10 years old.
The water table is high here(NW suburb of Chicago)and the seasonal water table makes my pump run about once an hour. With a few days of rain the pump could run every couple minutes depending on how many inches we get.
I was looking to purchase a Zoeller M53 1/3 hp sump pump. Is this the correct pump or should I be looking at sewage pumps because of the washing machine discharge? And is 1/3 hp enough power?
Also is Zoeller a dependable pump? I heard the Hydromatics had a real problem with switches a couple of years ago. What other pumps are a good brand?
Sump Pump Drain
Sump pump pumps once per minute?
Sump Pump running more often than normal, should I b...
Sump Pump Runs in every 2 min
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!