I am just moving in to a new house and would like to have a privacy fence. I have been told it isn't a hard thing to do and would like to do it myself. However, I haven't been able to find any websites with help on building a privacy fence. Does anyone know of a website(s) that would be helpful.
Thank you for your help.
you may want to look at vinyl fencing, much of it is recycled, and it is impervious to elements which tend to rot wood of all types (eventually). For posts, look at the Master-Halco website. They manufacture metal posts called Postmaster. Wood posts last for varying lengths of time, depending on weather, soil type and other factors. In 17 years at my current house, I replaced posts in some locations in my privacy fence 3 times before I started using 3 inch steel pipe with welded tabs. Not everyone has access to a welder so I recommend Master Halco. Look at the various vinyl fence types at ***** or **********. If you're not a diy'er call and get some estimates from a fence contractor. Good Luck
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!