I am just moving in to a new house and would like to have a privacy fence. I have been told it isn't a hard thing to do and would like to do it myself. However, I haven't been able to find any websites with help on building a privacy fence. Does anyone know of a website(s) that would be helpful.
Thank you for your help.
you may want to look at vinyl fencing, much of it is recycled, and it is impervious to elements which tend to rot wood of all types (eventually). For posts, look at the Master-Halco website. They manufacture metal posts called Postmaster. Wood posts last for varying lengths of time, depending on weather, soil type and other factors. In 17 years at my current house, I replaced posts in some locations in my privacy fence 3 times before I started using 3 inch steel pipe with welded tabs. Not everyone has access to a welder so I recommend Master Halco. Look at the various vinyl fence types at ***** or **********. If you're not a diy'er call and get some estimates from a fence contractor. Good Luck
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes