Ok, so first I absent-mindedly checked the oil level on my self-propelled mower. Fine. Then, again absent-mindedly, I proceeded to grab the nearby gas can and fill up the crankcase through the oil fill. Ugh.
I've now emptied the gas (and oil) by tipping the mower. Anything wrong with my plan to let it vent overnight with the oil fill cap off, then service with oil in the morning and fire(!) her up?
After you fire the mower up with the new oil in it, I would let it run for a few minutes- maybe five or so. Then, I'd empty that oil out and replace it with fresh.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight