Ok, so first I absent-mindedly checked the oil level on my self-propelled mower. Fine. Then, again absent-mindedly, I proceeded to grab the nearby gas can and fill up the crankcase through the oil fill. Ugh.
I've now emptied the gas (and oil) by tipping the mower. Anything wrong with my plan to let it vent overnight with the oil fill cap off, then service with oil in the morning and fire(!) her up?
After you fire the mower up with the new oil in it, I would let it run for a few minutes- maybe five or so. Then, I'd empty that oil out and replace it with fresh.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips