Ok, so first I absent-mindedly checked the oil level on my self-propelled mower. Fine. Then, again absent-mindedly, I proceeded to grab the nearby gas can and fill up the crankcase through the oil fill. Ugh.
I've now emptied the gas (and oil) by tipping the mower. Anything wrong with my plan to let it vent overnight with the oil fill cap off, then service with oil in the morning and fire(!) her up?
After you fire the mower up with the new oil in it, I would let it run for a few minutes- maybe five or so. Then, I'd empty that oil out and replace it with fresh.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love