Ok, so first I absent-mindedly checked the oil level on my self-propelled mower. Fine. Then, again absent-mindedly, I proceeded to grab the nearby gas can and fill up the crankcase through the oil fill. Ugh.
I've now emptied the gas (and oil) by tipping the mower. Anything wrong with my plan to let it vent overnight with the oil fill cap off, then service with oil in the morning and fire(!) her up?
After you fire the mower up with the new oil in it, I would let it run for a few minutes- maybe five or so. Then, I'd empty that oil out and replace it with fresh.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight