Ok, so first I absent-mindedly checked the oil level on my self-propelled mower. Fine. Then, again absent-mindedly, I proceeded to grab the nearby gas can and fill up the crankcase through the oil fill. Ugh.
I've now emptied the gas (and oil) by tipping the mower. Anything wrong with my plan to let it vent overnight with the oil fill cap off, then service with oil in the morning and fire(!) her up?
After you fire the mower up with the new oil in it, I would let it run for a few minutes- maybe five or so. Then, I'd empty that oil out and replace it with fresh.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING