My husband and I recently bought a home in Greenwood, Indiana. We bought the home in
February and the sump pit was bone dry. The first week in March we got a day or two of
rain and it was as if someone had turned on a faucet in our sump pit. Our 2 pumps have
not quit running since. We recently had massive flooding in Indiana and our basement
flooded. We now have our 2 regular pumps running out to our concrete swail in the back
and an industrial grade pump pumping to our storm drain out front. We do have a corn field
behind us and a retention pond a half a block away. Were're not sure if these might be contributing. I will also mention we know it's
groundwater and not the water companies, and our neighbors say this problem just began
around 5-7 years ago. A few neighbors pump a lot too but no one has it as bad as us. The house is 15 years old. Our basement is a poured basement, our soil is sandy.
We have just about given up trying to figure out where the water is coming from because it seems impossible. I guess now we need a solution on how to manage it.
Sump Pump running more often than normal, should I b...
Please read QUICK!Need fast advice....
Sump pump or sewage pump?
sump pump or sewage pump ?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?