My husband and I recently bought a home in Greenwood, Indiana. We bought the home in
February and the sump pit was bone dry. The first week in March we got a day or two of
rain and it was as if someone had turned on a faucet in our sump pit. Our 2 pumps have
not quit running since. We recently had massive flooding in Indiana and our basement
flooded. We now have our 2 regular pumps running out to our concrete swail in the back
and an industrial grade pump pumping to our storm drain out front. We do have a corn field
behind us and a retention pond a half a block away. Were're not sure if these might be contributing. I will also mention we know it's
groundwater and not the water companies, and our neighbors say this problem just began
around 5-7 years ago. A few neighbors pump a lot too but no one has it as bad as us. The house is 15 years old. Our basement is a poured basement, our soil is sandy.
We have just about given up trying to figure out where the water is coming from because it seems impossible. I guess now we need a solution on how to manage it.
Sump Pump running more often than normal, should I b...
A lot of water flowing into sump pit
Sump pump or sewage pump?
Please read QUICK!Need fast advice....
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects