My husband and I recently bought a home in Greenwood, Indiana. We bought the home in
February and the sump pit was bone dry. The first week in March we got a day or two of
rain and it was as if someone had turned on a faucet in our sump pit. Our 2 pumps have
not quit running since. We recently had massive flooding in Indiana and our basement
flooded. We now have our 2 regular pumps running out to our concrete swail in the back
and an industrial grade pump pumping to our storm drain out front. We do have a corn field
behind us and a retention pond a half a block away. Were're not sure if these might be contributing. I will also mention we know it's
groundwater and not the water companies, and our neighbors say this problem just began
around 5-7 years ago. A few neighbors pump a lot too but no one has it as bad as us. The house is 15 years old. Our basement is a poured basement, our soil is sandy.
We have just about given up trying to figure out where the water is coming from because it seems impossible. I guess now we need a solution on how to manage it.
Sump Pump running more often than normal, should I b...
Please read QUICK!Need fast advice....
Sump pump or sewage pump?
sump pump or sewage pump ?
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING