My husband and I recently bought a home in Greenwood, Indiana. We bought the home in
February and the sump pit was bone dry. The first week in March we got a day or two of
rain and it was as if someone had turned on a faucet in our sump pit. Our 2 pumps have
not quit running since. We recently had massive flooding in Indiana and our basement
flooded. We now have our 2 regular pumps running out to our concrete swail in the back
and an industrial grade pump pumping to our storm drain out front. We do have a corn field
behind us and a retention pond a half a block away. Were're not sure if these might be contributing. I will also mention we know it's
groundwater and not the water companies, and our neighbors say this problem just began
around 5-7 years ago. A few neighbors pump a lot too but no one has it as bad as us. The house is 15 years old. Our basement is a poured basement, our soil is sandy.
We have just about given up trying to figure out where the water is coming from because it seems impossible. I guess now we need a solution on how to manage it.
Sump Pump running more often than normal, should I b...
Please read QUICK!Need fast advice....
Sump pump or sewage pump?
sump pump or sewage pump ?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight