there is a sump pump in my basement. It was installed only a few years ago- the floor was dug up, drain tiles laid, etc. only one wall and a partial of an attached wall are connected to this. (apparently there was some water infiltration and someone thought this would fix the problem).
there is NEVER any water in the pit. Whatever water there may have been in the basement it must have come in in another manor ?
Anyway- my question is do I have to do anything special to remove the pump ? I know taking the pump out is easy, but do I need to cap off the drain tile thingies (ya know- the round black plastic stuff-lol)
The pump never runs, there is never any water in the pit. The drain to the outside of the house is a terrible eyesore- right out the front of the houes several inches from groound level and then about a dozen feet into the yard.
I would really prefer to just demo the whole thing.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!