I had a contractor come in and redue my basement. There is 5 feet of cement foundation and then 3 foot pony wall on top of the cement this is the exterior wall. He then built a 2*4 wall inside this.he polyed in between the cement wall and the 2*4 wall.then insalted the 2*4 wall and hung gyprock.It has been painted and completly finished. i now have a problem with moisture coming out from under my bottom plate. how do i go about fixing this problem.I live in saskatchewan. Any advise would be much appreciated.
Without seeing the problem, it is difficult to give you an answer. However, I have run into problems like yours here in Boston and was able to remedy by creating airflow behind the wall. The air flow wicks the moisture and keeps the area dry. Keep an eye on the humidity levels so you don't have a mold issue in the future. I assume your issue is from condensation and not from leaking.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!