I had a contractor come in and redue my basement. There is 5 feet of cement foundation and then 3 foot pony wall on top of the cement this is the exterior wall. He then built a 2*4 wall inside this.he polyed in between the cement wall and the 2*4 wall.then insalted the 2*4 wall and hung gyprock.It has been painted and completly finished. i now have a problem with moisture coming out from under my bottom plate. how do i go about fixing this problem.I live in saskatchewan. Any advise would be much appreciated.
Without seeing the problem, it is difficult to give you an answer. However, I have run into problems like yours here in Boston and was able to remedy by creating airflow behind the wall. The air flow wicks the moisture and keeps the area dry. Keep an eye on the humidity levels so you don't have a mold issue in the future. I assume your issue is from condensation and not from leaking.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight