I had a contractor come in and redue my basement. There is 5 feet of cement foundation and then 3 foot pony wall on top of the cement this is the exterior wall. He then built a 2*4 wall inside this.he polyed in between the cement wall and the 2*4 wall.then insalted the 2*4 wall and hung gyprock.It has been painted and completly finished. i now have a problem with moisture coming out from under my bottom plate. how do i go about fixing this problem.I live in saskatchewan. Any advise would be much appreciated.
Without seeing the problem, it is difficult to give you an answer. However, I have run into problems like yours here in Boston and was able to remedy by creating airflow behind the wall. The air flow wicks the moisture and keeps the area dry. Keep an eye on the humidity levels so you don't have a mold issue in the future. I assume your issue is from condensation and not from leaking.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!