Up here in the Ne, I have a split ranch. The back work room is not finished. Is it more imprtant to insulate the ceiling, to prevent the cold from traveling upstairs to the bedrooms, or the external wall to keep the cold out ??
Hi Pat,I hope I can help.I assume that your work room's wall studs and joists are exposed still?In any case I would recommend insulating all the walls and between your ceiling joists,Because for one it will prevent drafts as well as conserve heat in the house as well as make your work room more comfortable to work in(I'm guessing it's not going to be heated).2 Insulation not only has heating benefits,if your out in your work room making alot of noise insulation serves to muffle it.Hope I was of some help!
Important !!!!!!!!!!----Unfinished Basement Insulation
Basement Insulation ??
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers