Up here in the Ne, I have a split ranch. The back work room is not finished. Is it more imprtant to insulate the ceiling, to prevent the cold from traveling upstairs to the bedrooms, or the external wall to keep the cold out ??
Hi Pat,I hope I can help.I assume that your work room's wall studs and joists are exposed still?In any case I would recommend insulating all the walls and between your ceiling joists,Because for one it will prevent drafts as well as conserve heat in the house as well as make your work room more comfortable to work in(I'm guessing it's not going to be heated).2 Insulation not only has heating benefits,if your out in your work room making alot of noise insulation serves to muffle it.Hope I was of some help!
Important !!!!!!!!!!----Unfinished Basement Insulation
Basement Insulation ??
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide