Up here in the Ne, I have a split ranch. The back work room is not finished. Is it more imprtant to insulate the ceiling, to prevent the cold from traveling upstairs to the bedrooms, or the external wall to keep the cold out ??
Hi Pat,I hope I can help.I assume that your work room's wall studs and joists are exposed still?In any case I would recommend insulating all the walls and between your ceiling joists,Because for one it will prevent drafts as well as conserve heat in the house as well as make your work room more comfortable to work in(I'm guessing it's not going to be heated).2 Insulation not only has heating benefits,if your out in your work room making alot of noise insulation serves to muffle it.Hope I was of some help!
Important !!!!!!!!!!----Unfinished Basement Insulation
Basement Insulation ??
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects