Up here in the Ne, I have a split ranch. The back work room is not finished. Is it more imprtant to insulate the ceiling, to prevent the cold from traveling upstairs to the bedrooms, or the external wall to keep the cold out ??
Hi Pat,I hope I can help.I assume that your work room's wall studs and joists are exposed still?In any case I would recommend insulating all the walls and between your ceiling joists,Because for one it will prevent drafts as well as conserve heat in the house as well as make your work room more comfortable to work in(I'm guessing it's not going to be heated).2 Insulation not only has heating benefits,if your out in your work room making alot of noise insulation serves to muffle it.Hope I was of some help!
Important !!!!!!!!!!----Unfinished Basement Insulation
Basement Insulation ??
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!