I have in the last few years added a full basement in my home, the problem I'm haveing now is since i did it, my heating bill"s have almost tripled. I'm on oil based heat.
I live in northern,Ontario,Canada. to answer your question my furnace is running at 89% efficient. I have added an dorve oil fire place to help out the basement. now one problem might be insulating around the house?
I have had a professional in, and he installed 2" styrofoam pink board tounge&grove. What my concern is that he did not install any type of house wrap(typar).
is this needed? i also when raising the house added a porch 8 x 20, i put a vapour barrier & lots of pink insulation on the inside no wrap on out side. should i remove my siding and add wrap ?, The reason i ask is it seems drafty in the porch. the more help the better, i would like to cut my bill's in half.....
what kind of insulation should we use behind the dry...
Conservatory subloor and insulation exposed to rain ...
OSB vs insulation board behind brick
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!