I have in the last few years added a full basement in my home, the problem I'm haveing now is since i did it, my heating bill"s have almost tripled. I'm on oil based heat.
I live in northern,Ontario,Canada. to answer your question my furnace is running at 89% efficient. I have added an dorve oil fire place to help out the basement. now one problem might be insulating around the house?
I have had a professional in, and he installed 2" styrofoam pink board tounge&grove. What my concern is that he did not install any type of house wrap(typar).
is this needed? i also when raising the house added a porch 8 x 20, i put a vapour barrier & lots of pink insulation on the inside no wrap on out side. should i remove my siding and add wrap ?, The reason i ask is it seems drafty in the porch. the more help the better, i would like to cut my bill's in half.....
what kind of insulation should we use behind the dry...
Conservatory subloor and insulation exposed to rain ...
OSB vs insulation board behind brick
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love