I have in the last few years added a full basement in my home, the problem I'm haveing now is since i did it, my heating bill"s have almost tripled. I'm on oil based heat.
I live in northern,Ontario,Canada. to answer your question my furnace is running at 89% efficient. I have added an dorve oil fire place to help out the basement. now one problem might be insulating around the house?
I have had a professional in, and he installed 2" styrofoam pink board tounge&grove. What my concern is that he did not install any type of house wrap(typar).
is this needed? i also when raising the house added a porch 8 x 20, i put a vapour barrier & lots of pink insulation on the inside no wrap on out side. should i remove my siding and add wrap ?, The reason i ask is it seems drafty in the porch. the more help the better, i would like to cut my bill's in half.....
what kind of insulation should we use behind the dry...
Conservatory subloor and insulation exposed to rain ...
OSB vs insulation board behind brick
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects