We are planning to turn the old carport/garage into a TV room but need to know how to insulate over the 8"thick concrete slab floor. When the prev owners built the garage they built it on a block foundation to make it even with the main floor of the house, leaving space for a room underneath. It is used for storage and not insulated (which we will be doing also) therefore, I am worried the dampness will come through the floor.
The foundation was built along side the house foundation (6"gap) runs approx 25', how can this be insulated as well? The only opening to this gap is where the basement door opens into this room. There is also an exit to the outside. This too is being replaced with a new wall and door to help keep the room warmer.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!