We are planning to turn the old carport/garage into a TV room but need to know how to insulate over the 8"thick concrete slab floor. When the prev owners built the garage they built it on a block foundation to make it even with the main floor of the house, leaving space for a room underneath. It is used for storage and not insulated (which we will be doing also) therefore, I am worried the dampness will come through the floor.
The foundation was built along side the house foundation (6"gap) runs approx 25', how can this be insulated as well? The only opening to this gap is where the basement door opens into this room. There is also an exit to the outside. This too is being replaced with a new wall and door to help keep the room warmer.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight