Insulating a 3-car garage
We just finished building a new house and I didn't insulate the garage but now, after some hindsight, I want to do. What's the best way to do it now that we can't insulate the walls? Is there something to do to the concrete floors or the garage doors?
We have the same problem in a new house in Arizona. On the doors, you can glue rigid foam on the inside, cut to fit and use a spray adhesive. There ia also a foil covered insulation that comes in rolls that would work but doesn't have the r value of the rigid. Attic, blow insulation but outer walls would be harder. Ours has only one outer wall to worry about and under the stucco there is 1 inch rigid foam insulation so that will help some.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight