The house I just bought is 8 years old and I want to finish 1/2 the basement. Do I need the 6-mil plastic under the subfloor? Do I need 1 or 2 layers of plastic in the walls. I was thinking of just using one layer under the drywall but my book tells me to put one under the insulation also. My basement is dry and i have never had moisture in the past. It is solid except for hairline cracks I did seal in the floor. I also used a sealer on the cement block.
Vapor Barrier on rim joist?
Cold Air returns in the up stairs of my 1910 2 story...
insulation in the walls
tri-polymer foam for retrofit insulation
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight