The house I just bought is 8 years old and I want to finish 1/2 the basement. Do I need the 6-mil plastic under the subfloor? Do I need 1 or 2 layers of plastic in the walls. I was thinking of just using one layer under the drywall but my book tells me to put one under the insulation also. My basement is dry and i have never had moisture in the past. It is solid except for hairline cracks I did seal in the floor. I also used a sealer on the cement block.
Vapor Barrier on rim joist?
Cold Air returns in the up stairs of my 1910 2 story...
tri-polymer foam for retrofit insulation
insulation in the walls
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!