The house I just bought is 8 years old and I want to finish 1/2 the basement. Do I need the 6-mil plastic under the subfloor? Do I need 1 or 2 layers of plastic in the walls. I was thinking of just using one layer under the drywall but my book tells me to put one under the insulation also. My basement is dry and i have never had moisture in the past. It is solid except for hairline cracks I did seal in the floor. I also used a sealer on the cement block.
Vapor Barrier on rim joist?
Cold Air returns in the up stairs of my 1910 2 story...
tri-polymer foam for retrofit insulation
insulation in the walls
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!