I bought a concrete fountain this weekend, and This is a very stupid question but I'm stumped and I'm too embarrassed to go back to the store and ask the salesman. . . .
The bottom of the fountain looks like a bird bath--a base and a big bowl piece. Then there is a doughnut shaped piece that goes in the bowl and a statue that sits on the doughnut piece. The guy at the place where I bought it told me to put the pump in the doughnut piece under the statue. Then I'll plug the plumbing tube into the bottom of the statue for the water to go up. Ok, I got that part, but what do you with the power cord? Is it supposed to just hang out of the back of the bowl piece? I don't remember seeing any wires coming out of the ones they had running on display. The base of the fountain is hollow, but there is no hole from the bowl to the base piece--obviously because the water would run out, right? So how do you hide the power cord? Did I buy a defective fountain? . . .
Thanks for getting me out of this embarrassing situation!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers