I bought a concrete fountain this weekend, and This is a very stupid question but I'm stumped and I'm too embarrassed to go back to the store and ask the salesman. . . .
The bottom of the fountain looks like a bird bath--a base and a big bowl piece. Then there is a doughnut shaped piece that goes in the bowl and a statue that sits on the doughnut piece. The guy at the place where I bought it told me to put the pump in the doughnut piece under the statue. Then I'll plug the plumbing tube into the bottom of the statue for the water to go up. Ok, I got that part, but what do you with the power cord? Is it supposed to just hang out of the back of the bowl piece? I don't remember seeing any wires coming out of the ones they had running on display. The base of the fountain is hollow, but there is no hole from the bowl to the base piece--obviously because the water would run out, right? So how do you hide the power cord? Did I buy a defective fountain? . . .
Thanks for getting me out of this embarrassing situation!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight