I bought a concrete fountain this weekend, and This is a very stupid question but I'm stumped and I'm too embarrassed to go back to the store and ask the salesman. . . .
The bottom of the fountain looks like a bird bath--a base and a big bowl piece. Then there is a doughnut shaped piece that goes in the bowl and a statue that sits on the doughnut piece. The guy at the place where I bought it told me to put the pump in the doughnut piece under the statue. Then I'll plug the plumbing tube into the bottom of the statue for the water to go up. Ok, I got that part, but what do you with the power cord? Is it supposed to just hang out of the back of the bowl piece? I don't remember seeing any wires coming out of the ones they had running on display. The base of the fountain is hollow, but there is no hole from the bowl to the base piece--obviously because the water would run out, right? So how do you hide the power cord? Did I buy a defective fountain? . . .
Thanks for getting me out of this embarrassing situation!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes