I bought a concrete fountain this weekend, and This is a very stupid question but I'm stumped and I'm too embarrassed to go back to the store and ask the salesman. . . .
The bottom of the fountain looks like a bird bath--a base and a big bowl piece. Then there is a doughnut shaped piece that goes in the bowl and a statue that sits on the doughnut piece. The guy at the place where I bought it told me to put the pump in the doughnut piece under the statue. Then I'll plug the plumbing tube into the bottom of the statue for the water to go up. Ok, I got that part, but what do you with the power cord? Is it supposed to just hang out of the back of the bowl piece? I don't remember seeing any wires coming out of the ones they had running on display. The base of the fountain is hollow, but there is no hole from the bowl to the base piece--obviously because the water would run out, right? So how do you hide the power cord? Did I buy a defective fountain? . . .
Thanks for getting me out of this embarrassing situation!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!