Please give any advice you have concerning insulation on new homes.I'm planning to use the Pink Panther type insulation you can buy at the store,but I'm willing to spend now to save later.What type would you put in your new home.
First off, How thick are your walls? 2x6 the best you can do is R-19, however an insulation contractor can get R-21 fiberglass bats that fit in the same space. Are you worried about sound? Perhaps consider Blown-in-wall celluose insulation, you can also get a higher R-value. If you want to go to the extreme...sprayed in-wall foam insulation. Besides if its a big job who really wants to work with that itchy stuff....
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!