Please give any advice you have concerning insulation on new homes.I'm planning to use the Pink Panther type insulation you can buy at the store,but I'm willing to spend now to save later.What type would you put in your new home.
First off, How thick are your walls? 2x6 the best you can do is R-19, however an insulation contractor can get R-21 fiberglass bats that fit in the same space. Are you worried about sound? Perhaps consider Blown-in-wall celluose insulation, you can also get a higher R-value. If you want to go to the extreme...sprayed in-wall foam insulation. Besides if its a big job who really wants to work with that itchy stuff....
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight