I'am getting a new house built and I would like to know what 's the best Insulation to use from top to bottom? I live in canada and it gets cold in the winter and hot in the summer, so I would like to keep the house warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
The 'best' probably would be the spray in 'foam' insulation. It seals all air leaks and provides a better fill. The downside is that is is more expensive. If you can not afford it, be sure to use some spray foam (comes in cans) to seal all cracks & openings thru exterior walls. Then, use a good house wrap to further seal air leaks. Be sure to seal all window openings (around edges) with a slow rise foam spray so as not to 'bend' the framing. There are literally hundreds of potential air leaks thru the walls so try to get as many as possible. That said, any good insulation will suffice if the air leaks are stopped.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes