Thanks in advance
Insulating after the fact
Thanks in advance
First, although I'd morally 'blame' the contractor for not suggesting insulation, unless it's in the contract, I feel you're out of luck.
As far as 'blowing' some insulation behind the new walls, yes, I'm sure it can be done. However, unless you have pictures of what's back there, the Contractor may have to drill quite a few pilot holes. Especially w/a home as old as yours, there may be quite a few holes to drill.
As far as the wood paneling issue, I don't know. You can go over that w/the Insulation Contractor. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: DO ask about any 'mess' he's going to make, and who's going to clean it up. That includes any mess when insulation is blown in. Maybe you can save some $$$ by 'covering' things and 'plasticing' up all the doorways into the kitchen, and such.
PPS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Ways to Expand into Your Garage
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 12 Fresh Ideas for Your Kids' Room
- 11 Beautiful Clutter-Busting Closets