Thanks in advance
Insulating after the fact
Thanks in advance
First, although I'd morally 'blame' the contractor for not suggesting insulation, unless it's in the contract, I feel you're out of luck.
As far as 'blowing' some insulation behind the new walls, yes, I'm sure it can be done. However, unless you have pictures of what's back there, the Contractor may have to drill quite a few pilot holes. Especially w/a home as old as yours, there may be quite a few holes to drill.
As far as the wood paneling issue, I don't know. You can go over that w/the Insulation Contractor. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: DO ask about any 'mess' he's going to make, and who's going to clean it up. That includes any mess when insulation is blown in. Maybe you can save some $$$ by 'covering' things and 'plasticing' up all the doorways into the kitchen, and such.
PPS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY