Thanks in advance
Insulating after the fact
Thanks in advance
First, although I'd morally 'blame' the contractor for not suggesting insulation, unless it's in the contract, I feel you're out of luck.
As far as 'blowing' some insulation behind the new walls, yes, I'm sure it can be done. However, unless you have pictures of what's back there, the Contractor may have to drill quite a few pilot holes. Especially w/a home as old as yours, there may be quite a few holes to drill.
As far as the wood paneling issue, I don't know. You can go over that w/the Insulation Contractor. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: DO ask about any 'mess' he's going to make, and who's going to clean it up. That includes any mess when insulation is blown in. Maybe you can save some $$$ by 'covering' things and 'plasticing' up all the doorways into the kitchen, and such.
PPS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees