Thanks in advance
Insulating after the fact
Thanks in advance
First, although I'd morally 'blame' the contractor for not suggesting insulation, unless it's in the contract, I feel you're out of luck.
As far as 'blowing' some insulation behind the new walls, yes, I'm sure it can be done. However, unless you have pictures of what's back there, the Contractor may have to drill quite a few pilot holes. Especially w/a home as old as yours, there may be quite a few holes to drill.
As far as the wood paneling issue, I don't know. You can go over that w/the Insulation Contractor. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: DO ask about any 'mess' he's going to make, and who's going to clean it up. That includes any mess when insulation is blown in. Maybe you can save some $$$ by 'covering' things and 'plasticing' up all the doorways into the kitchen, and such.
PPS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps