Thanks in advance
Insulating after the fact
Thanks in advance
First, although I'd morally 'blame' the contractor for not suggesting insulation, unless it's in the contract, I feel you're out of luck.
As far as 'blowing' some insulation behind the new walls, yes, I'm sure it can be done. However, unless you have pictures of what's back there, the Contractor may have to drill quite a few pilot holes. Especially w/a home as old as yours, there may be quite a few holes to drill.
As far as the wood paneling issue, I don't know. You can go over that w/the Insulation Contractor. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: DO ask about any 'mess' he's going to make, and who's going to clean it up. That includes any mess when insulation is blown in. Maybe you can save some $$$ by 'covering' things and 'plasticing' up all the doorways into the kitchen, and such.
PPS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Furniture Makeovers: 10 Total DIY Do-Overs
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them