The answer for standard sheathed electrical cable wiring. You basically 'slice' the insulation around the wiring. You will need to, however, use Joist Hangers.to hold the insulation up. DO tack it to the sub-floor (from below) w/the Kraft side, up. Then install the Joist Hangers.
RE: Knob and Post wiring, you have a LOT to consider here! It's a hazard! Talk to a Pro, or atleast have one visit the home. Ask around - Someone knows what to do. Perhaps re-wiring w/sheathed electrical cable is the answer. Perhaps moving the K & P is the answer.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
Important !!!!!!!!!!----Unfinished Basement Insulation
Basement Insulation ??
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects