The answer for standard sheathed electrical cable wiring. You basically 'slice' the insulation around the wiring. You will need to, however, use Joist Hangers.to hold the insulation up. DO tack it to the sub-floor (from below) w/the Kraft side, up. Then install the Joist Hangers.
RE: Knob and Post wiring, you have a LOT to consider here! It's a hazard! Talk to a Pro, or atleast have one visit the home. Ask around - Someone knows what to do. Perhaps re-wiring w/sheathed electrical cable is the answer. Perhaps moving the K & P is the answer.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
Important !!!!!!!!!!----Unfinished Basement Insulation
Basement Insulation ??
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love