The answer for standard sheathed electrical cable wiring. You basically 'slice' the insulation around the wiring. You will need to, however, use Joist Hangers.to hold the insulation up. DO tack it to the sub-floor (from below) w/the Kraft side, up. Then install the Joist Hangers.
RE: Knob and Post wiring, you have a LOT to consider here! It's a hazard! Talk to a Pro, or atleast have one visit the home. Ask around - Someone knows what to do. Perhaps re-wiring w/sheathed electrical cable is the answer. Perhaps moving the K & P is the answer.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
Important !!!!!!!!!!----Unfinished Basement Insulation
Basement Insulation ??
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 11 Ways to Dress Up Your Dresser
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Make Your Own Bookcase: 10 DIY Designs