The answer for standard sheathed electrical cable wiring. You basically 'slice' the insulation around the wiring. You will need to, however, use Joist Hangers.to hold the insulation up. DO tack it to the sub-floor (from below) w/the Kraft side, up. Then install the Joist Hangers.
RE: Knob and Post wiring, you have a LOT to consider here! It's a hazard! Talk to a Pro, or atleast have one visit the home. Ask around - Someone knows what to do. Perhaps re-wiring w/sheathed electrical cable is the answer. Perhaps moving the K & P is the answer.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
Important !!!!!!!!!!----Unfinished Basement Insulation
Basement Insulation ??
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!