Insulating a garage after it's been drywalled
Is there anyway to do this without having to pull off the drywall?
It's possible there may be a 2x4 block between studs, which would mean 2 holes per spacing.
This was maybe 12 years ago. I think he rented the equipment from the same place where he got the insulation.
I will look into that idea.
I just want to be able to put a freezer out in the garage and I don't think I could do that without insulating it.
The 'blower' is kind of like a reverse vacuum cleaner with a huge hopper on top of it. I've used these a time or two myself (for adding to attic, not through holes in the walls). You (or, preferably a helper) add insulation from bags as you progress. It definitely helps to have a helper because the hopper's feeder can get clogged & need attention.
---> One thing to remember about blowing in insulation inside the walls!--DON'T DO TOO MUCH OR GO TOO FAST! It can shove the drywall right off the walls! This happened to my ex-neighbor in a couple places.
---> Oh, and: buy some dustmasks! Messy work!
-k2 in CO.
I guess if that is the only reason why you are insulating,I personaly wouldn't go thru all the BS and messy work of doing it.(just my opinion)
Dishwasher's been in storage--SEALS?
Hydronic Heat, Indirect Water Heater, No Hot Water
Looking for a manual for 3''belt sander
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING