Important !!!!!!!!!!----Unfinished Basement Insulation
While you work with insulation you should always wear long sleeves and pants and a breathing mask. I wouldn't worry about long term damage to yourself. Many people have worked with insulation and not worn a mask. Just wear one from now on.
If you are going to tear the paper (facing) off the insulation you can buy it unfaced already. You might even get a price cut.
Did you seal all the holes down there before putting insulation in. Don't seal around anything that gets hot, but exterior faucets, cables, gas lines can all be sealed with an exterior caulking and if you need to fill more use some expanding foam. This should seal it real nice.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 9 Things You Never Thought to Paint—But Should
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Storage Where You Least Expected It
- 9 Best Lighting Picks for Your Bedroom
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- 10 Alternatives to a Traditional Home Office