Important !!!!!!!!!!----Unfinished Basement Insulation
While you work with insulation you should always wear long sleeves and pants and a breathing mask. I wouldn't worry about long term damage to yourself. Many people have worked with insulation and not worn a mask. Just wear one from now on.
If you are going to tear the paper (facing) off the insulation you can buy it unfaced already. You might even get a price cut.
Did you seal all the holes down there before putting insulation in. Don't seal around anything that gets hot, but exterior faucets, cables, gas lines can all be sealed with an exterior caulking and if you need to fill more use some expanding foam. This should seal it real nice.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!