Important !!!!!!!!!!----Unfinished Basement Insulation
While you work with insulation you should always wear long sleeves and pants and a breathing mask. I wouldn't worry about long term damage to yourself. Many people have worked with insulation and not worn a mask. Just wear one from now on.
If you are going to tear the paper (facing) off the insulation you can buy it unfaced already. You might even get a price cut.
Did you seal all the holes down there before putting insulation in. Don't seal around anything that gets hot, but exterior faucets, cables, gas lines can all be sealed with an exterior caulking and if you need to fill more use some expanding foam. This should seal it real nice.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight