Important !!!!!!!!!!----Unfinished Basement Insulation
While you work with insulation you should always wear long sleeves and pants and a breathing mask. I wouldn't worry about long term damage to yourself. Many people have worked with insulation and not worn a mask. Just wear one from now on.
If you are going to tear the paper (facing) off the insulation you can buy it unfaced already. You might even get a price cut.
Did you seal all the holes down there before putting insulation in. Don't seal around anything that gets hot, but exterior faucets, cables, gas lines can all be sealed with an exterior caulking and if you need to fill more use some expanding foam. This should seal it real nice.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects