I have a 50's cinder block home. The house is very structurally sound, no cracks. There is terrible moisture damage to the windows and the home smells. The panneling over the drywall is rotted in spots.
On the exterior the blocks are only painted. On the interior they just put drywall right next to the blocks with the panneling over the drywall.
My delima is...I want to redo the inside of the house, but everyone say I must get it insulated first to stop the sweating. No one agrees how to insulate the home. Which way is the best 1) Rock the outside of the house 2) Stucco the home 3) Apply drive it to the exterior and cover with Stucco 4) Remove all of the old drywall (interior) and put up studs with insulation between the block and new drywall. 5) Blow insulation inside the blocks.
I want to Stucco the home without drive it and I want to redo the drywall no matter what. Is putting the insulation on the interior as effective as the drive it or blowing insulation inside the block. I was told that drive it would be much cheaper than trying to blow insulation inside the block.
What to do? I live in a desolate area and good information is hard to come by. This is a sound, good made home that will fix up really nice.
Thank you for your help
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!