I have a 50's cinder block home. The house is very structurally sound, no cracks. There is terrible moisture damage to the windows and the home smells. The panneling over the drywall is rotted in spots.
On the exterior the blocks are only painted. On the interior they just put drywall right next to the blocks with the panneling over the drywall.
My delima is...I want to redo the inside of the house, but everyone say I must get it insulated first to stop the sweating. No one agrees how to insulate the home. Which way is the best 1) Rock the outside of the house 2) Stucco the home 3) Apply drive it to the exterior and cover with Stucco 4) Remove all of the old drywall (interior) and put up studs with insulation between the block and new drywall. 5) Blow insulation inside the blocks.
I want to Stucco the home without drive it and I want to redo the drywall no matter what. Is putting the insulation on the interior as effective as the drive it or blowing insulation inside the block. I was told that drive it would be much cheaper than trying to blow insulation inside the block.
What to do? I live in a desolate area and good information is hard to come by. This is a sound, good made home that will fix up really nice.
Thank you for your help
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide