I have a 50's cinder block home. The house is very structurally sound, no cracks. There is terrible moisture damage to the windows and the home smells. The panneling over the drywall is rotted in spots.
On the exterior the blocks are only painted. On the interior they just put drywall right next to the blocks with the panneling over the drywall.
My delima is...I want to redo the inside of the house, but everyone say I must get it insulated first to stop the sweating. No one agrees how to insulate the home. Which way is the best 1) Rock the outside of the house 2) Stucco the home 3) Apply drive it to the exterior and cover with Stucco 4) Remove all of the old drywall (interior) and put up studs with insulation between the block and new drywall. 5) Blow insulation inside the blocks.
I want to Stucco the home without drive it and I want to redo the drywall no matter what. Is putting the insulation on the interior as effective as the drive it or blowing insulation inside the block. I was told that drive it would be much cheaper than trying to blow insulation inside the block.
What to do? I live in a desolate area and good information is hard to come by. This is a sound, good made home that will fix up really nice.
Thank you for your help
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Decked Out: 12 Innovative Outdoor Living Designs
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 8 (Truly) Unexpected Storage Spots
- 12 Celebrities' Cool Pools
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Colorful Kitchens: 10 Bright & Bold Designs