If this helps anyone, I am planning to insulate under a covered porch that has block for perimeter walls which are about 2 1/2 feet tall, underneath is sandy bare ground. My thoughts are to lay 6mil plastic right over the grade and up the walls a foot or two to keep the moisture at bay then use faced batted (faced side up) between joists and staple chicken wire or a plastic snow fence material to the joists to help support the insulation. I bored 2 holes on either end through walls to create some type of air flow through the space and covered them with vents to keep critters out.
hi there I have ready big deck and want to use that in winter time. I want to put pink insulation between joist because I have double deck . after filling insulation between joist how I should cover it so doesn't get any moisture in winter and rainy season.another question is can I make any convert able room on upper sack and how. please give some idea.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes