Currently have open frame cathedral ceiling with aprox 7" exposure on the beams. I think there is approx 6-8" of air space between the ceiling and roofing material, but I am not sure. I need to insulate the ceiling but I only see 2 option each with it's own problem(s):
1: Use rigid insulaton to insulate between the beams and cover that with (something). Problems- what to cover rigid with and how to attach it, cost and, near as i can tell 2" of rigid will only net about R-13.
2: Attach 2x's to beams to attach drywall to and insulate between beams with fiberglass insul. Problems- mainly, I will loose quite a bit of exposure which on the beams.
Any thoughts or suggestions?
Insulation in cathedral ceilings
Should I use have a vapor barrier with blown insulat...
Radiant floor heating- is it good??
Soffit vents and cathedral ceilings
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Decked Out: 12 Innovative Outdoor Living Designs
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 8 (Truly) Unexpected Storage Spots
- 12 Celebrities' Cool Pools
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Colorful Kitchens: 10 Bright & Bold Designs