Hi folks. I have what is probably about 60 yr old RockWool insulation on my crawlspace attic floor. It's got paper on one side. I wanted to add some insulation up there while I've got the wall open.
QUESTION IS: Did they make vapor barriers 60 yrs ago? IS that paper a vapor barrier? (If so, they installed it wrong, cause the paper is up, instead of facing down against the living space below.)
Someone else said I should probably rip the paper off and then just add more insulation over top, no vapor barriers at all. If I'm gonna have to play with the existing insulation, I'm just inclined to toss all of the old dirty stuff and start fresh.
refinishing softwood floor?
Old house/old insulation
Rock Wool & Peanut Dust
Leaks in natural gas heat lines to 80 yr old house
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!