What does it look like?
If fibreglass was used to insulate the attic in my house, what color, how does this insulation look like? Are fibreglass particles light enough to float like dust?
When the workers cut holes in the ceiling I noticed on the floor gray colored clumps of material that looked like dust cumps on the floor. Could this dust have been insulation material?
Sounds like you have " blown in shredded type " insulation, not all insulation is fiberglass. Usually blown-in is made from recycled cellulose material and looks like old newspaper wadded-up, wet and shredded so if you cut a whole in ceiling it will fall out, nothing to hold it in like backing on batted fiberglass insulation.. Lowe's sells shredded type and rents the machine to blow it in. Some attics you can't get a person in their, sounds like what happened in your case, guy had to cut through ceiling to get at whatever he was working on.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!