I discoved the original certificate in attic stating who installed and the R value. House is mid-century 1965'ish. I need to upgrade, or remove an install new insultation in the attic. The house is stick built using 2x4's, ceilings are 24oc. Would you recommed covering over existing insultation OR removing it and putting in new paper faced batts approptriate for the region I live in? Roof is not insultated.
Moisture problems on rim joice..
Insulation in new home
Does a detached studio/workshop need to follow speci...
Removing Blown-In Attic Insulation
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!