My current attic has blown in fibreglass with carboard "isulation isolation" sheets between the rafters to keep the insulation from blowing down onto the soffits. Essentially it provides a physical barrier to keep the insulation away from the edges of the roof. The current insulation is pretty much up to the top of the cardboard so adding any more would cause it to spill over and down onto the soffits.
I need to extend this physical barrier vertically up about ~6-7 inches to allow me to blow in an extra ~6-7 inches of insulation. I am thinking of stapling polyethylene plastic sheeting to the rafters and existing cardboard barrier(leaving room for the airflow from the soffits of course) Any reason why I should not do this ie is it going to cause condensation if so why?
Thanks in advanced for any response!
Room hard to keep cool
Insulating over a wood subfloor placed over enclosed...
Ways to keep an unheated jam room (garage) above zero
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!