My current attic has blown in fibreglass with carboard "isulation isolation" sheets between the rafters to keep the insulation from blowing down onto the soffits. Essentially it provides a physical barrier to keep the insulation away from the edges of the roof. The current insulation is pretty much up to the top of the cardboard so adding any more would cause it to spill over and down onto the soffits.
I need to extend this physical barrier vertically up about ~6-7 inches to allow me to blow in an extra ~6-7 inches of insulation. I am thinking of stapling polyethylene plastic sheeting to the rafters and existing cardboard barrier(leaving room for the airflow from the soffits of course) Any reason why I should not do this ie is it going to cause condensation if so why?
Thanks in advanced for any response!
Room hard to keep cool
Insulating over a wood subfloor placed over enclosed...
Ways to keep an unheated jam room (garage) above zero
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes