My wife and I moved into a home last fall and we'd like to fix up the backyard. I dethatched the "you know what" out of the lawn because it was in very bad condition (dead grass, weeds, bare spots). Part of the lawn is in the shade most of the day and is plain solid dirt and moss. I went out and purchased lime, shade grass seed, and starter fertilizer. I understand that I can't use any grub or crabgrass killer until the grass has started to grow (about 4-6 weeks I guess). Does it matter what order I put down the lime, seed, fertilizer? Will the lyme kill the seed also, or can they be on the ground at the same time? Can I lime the entire yard, or just where the moss it.
Thanks for the input!
back yard is all moss. No grass!!
How can I encourage my neighbors dog to do his busin...
How do you have dogs and a nice yard?
"moss on bricks"
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 “Stone Sober” Household Uses for Liquor
- 10 Fun Planters to Make with Everyday Objects
- 15 Spring Home Maintenance Musts
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Wow-Worthy Window Films: 11 Top Picks
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Air Quality
- 10 Ingenious Home Uses for Baking Soda