My wife and I moved into a home last fall and we'd like to fix up the backyard. I dethatched the "you know what" out of the lawn because it was in very bad condition (dead grass, weeds, bare spots). Part of the lawn is in the shade most of the day and is plain solid dirt and moss. I went out and purchased lime, shade grass seed, and starter fertilizer. I understand that I can't use any grub or crabgrass killer until the grass has started to grow (about 4-6 weeks I guess). Does it matter what order I put down the lime, seed, fertilizer? Will the lyme kill the seed also, or can they be on the ground at the same time? Can I lime the entire yard, or just where the moss it.
Thanks for the input!
back yard is all moss. No grass!!
How can I encourage my neighbors dog to do his busin...
How do you have dogs and a nice yard?
"moss on bricks"
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 11 Ways to Dress Up Your Dresser
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Make Your Own Bookcase: 10 DIY Designs