My wife and I moved into a home last fall and we'd like to fix up the backyard. I dethatched the "you know what" out of the lawn because it was in very bad condition (dead grass, weeds, bare spots). Part of the lawn is in the shade most of the day and is plain solid dirt and moss. I went out and purchased lime, shade grass seed, and starter fertilizer. I understand that I can't use any grub or crabgrass killer until the grass has started to grow (about 4-6 weeks I guess). Does it matter what order I put down the lime, seed, fertilizer? Will the lyme kill the seed also, or can they be on the ground at the same time? Can I lime the entire yard, or just where the moss it.
Thanks for the input!
back yard is all moss. No grass!!
How can I encourage my neighbors dog to do his busin...
How do you have dogs and a nice yard?
"moss on bricks"
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Celebrity Kitchens: Get the Look
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs