Hi, I had an open breezeway between the side door of my house and the separated garage (they share the same roof). I hired a contractor to wall it in. He used cedar channel wood siding. He also installed two doors on the once open sides of the new room. There is no insulation and it sits on a concrete slab. The room is about 180sq ft.
It was great through the winter, but now that the summer is here, the room is filled moisture and the concrete slab is very wet.
-I've opened the windows on the doors to let air pass through, but it has little effect on the moisture.
-I installed a small fan near the floor blowing air outside, but I don't think it is doing anything.
Any information on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.
window & stormdoor moisture problem
How do I find out if I have a moisture problem on my...
Old house has moisture problem in basement what the ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 7 Ways to Make Your New House Look Old
- 11 DIYs for A Soundproofed Home
- 9 Ways to Get on Board with Pegboard
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 8 New Ways to Use Old Wooden Crates