Hi, I had an open breezeway between the side door of my house and the separated garage (they share the same roof). I hired a contractor to wall it in. He used cedar channel wood siding. He also installed two doors on the once open sides of the new room. There is no insulation and it sits on a concrete slab. The room is about 180sq ft.
It was great through the winter, but now that the summer is here, the room is filled moisture and the concrete slab is very wet.
-I've opened the windows on the doors to let air pass through, but it has little effect on the moisture.
-I installed a small fan near the floor blowing air outside, but I don't think it is doing anything.
Any information on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.
window & stormdoor moisture problem
How do I find out if I have a moisture problem on my...
Old house has moisture problem in basement what the ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!