1700 sq ft cinder block ranch house, several cinder block inner walls, each cinder block wall is supported with footing resulting in 4 crawl spaces (cutouts to access each), end bedroom on slab. 36" deep crawl spaces encapsulated by InstaDry with large dehumidifier, 3 sump pumps. Replacing failing heating/cooling soon and considering what insulating steps to pursue. Has good (recently reshingled) roof. Outer walls painted. Wallboard(?) over inner walls. Unknown, if any, additional wall insulation. Attic insulation is originally vermiculite with a light addition of blown cellulose. Unbearably cold house in winter; unbearably hot house in summer. Have been replacing doors and windows.
Limited budget (like all!) Can't do all this year. MUST install new heating/cooling system before winter. Where's best area to start addressing insulation? Outer walls - EIFS? Attic? What to do in attic? Stabilize vermiculite then spray foam? Help! Seeking suggestions to do some this year, rest next year.
Insulating cinder block walls
insulating cinder block walls
insulating cinder block home
Building a small cinder block house inside of my mob...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!