We have an old leaky sliding glass door that we need to replace. Does anyone have a recommendation for a brand/manufacturer? I was hoping to get a good quality insulated door, but I have heard some can be quite expensive. Thanks!
All sliding doors and windows eventually leak air or water. In doors and windows "you get what you pay for". If you insist on a slider try to stay with a quality brand-- i.e. Pella, Peachtree, Anderson, etc.
I would stay away from ANDERSEN if I were you. We have both ANDERSEN and PELLA sliders in our home. The Pella works beautifully. The ANDERSEN slider will not slide without a fight. ANDERSEN's 'gal on the phone' says that they are only interested in warrantying "defective glass" That's not what their warranty says but there isn't anything we can do about it. Do yourself a favor; stay away from ANDERSEN products.
Avoid ANDERSEN sliders at all costs. We have one which will not slide without a fight. ANDERSEN says "sorry about that." They are only interested in warrantying "defective glass." That isn't what their warranty says but we can't do anything about it. Do yourself a favor; don't buy an ANDERSEN slider.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!