We have an old leaky sliding glass door that we need to replace. Does anyone have a recommendation for a brand/manufacturer? I was hoping to get a good quality insulated door, but I have heard some can be quite expensive. Thanks!
All sliding doors and windows eventually leak air or water. In doors and windows "you get what you pay for". If you insist on a slider try to stay with a quality brand-- i.e. Pella, Peachtree, Anderson, etc.
I would stay away from ANDERSEN if I were you. We have both ANDERSEN and PELLA sliders in our home. The Pella works beautifully. The ANDERSEN slider will not slide without a fight. ANDERSEN's 'gal on the phone' says that they are only interested in warrantying "defective glass" That's not what their warranty says but there isn't anything we can do about it. Do yourself a favor; stay away from ANDERSEN products.
Avoid ANDERSEN sliders at all costs. We have one which will not slide without a fight. ANDERSEN says "sorry about that." They are only interested in warrantying "defective glass." That isn't what their warranty says but we can't do anything about it. Do yourself a favor; don't buy an ANDERSEN slider.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love