We have an old leaky sliding glass door that we need to replace. Does anyone have a recommendation for a brand/manufacturer? I was hoping to get a good quality insulated door, but I have heard some can be quite expensive. Thanks!
All sliding doors and windows eventually leak air or water. In doors and windows "you get what you pay for". If you insist on a slider try to stay with a quality brand-- i.e. Pella, Peachtree, Anderson, etc.
I would stay away from ANDERSEN if I were you. We have both ANDERSEN and PELLA sliders in our home. The Pella works beautifully. The ANDERSEN slider will not slide without a fight. ANDERSEN's 'gal on the phone' says that they are only interested in warrantying "defective glass" That's not what their warranty says but there isn't anything we can do about it. Do yourself a favor; stay away from ANDERSEN products.
Avoid ANDERSEN sliders at all costs. We have one which will not slide without a fight. ANDERSEN says "sorry about that." They are only interested in warrantying "defective glass." That isn't what their warranty says but we can't do anything about it. Do yourself a favor; don't buy an ANDERSEN slider.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes