We have an old leaky sliding glass door that we need to replace. Does anyone have a recommendation for a brand/manufacturer? I was hoping to get a good quality insulated door, but I have heard some can be quite expensive. Thanks!
All sliding doors and windows eventually leak air or water. In doors and windows "you get what you pay for". If you insist on a slider try to stay with a quality brand-- i.e. Pella, Peachtree, Anderson, etc.
I would stay away from ANDERSEN if I were you. We have both ANDERSEN and PELLA sliders in our home. The Pella works beautifully. The ANDERSEN slider will not slide without a fight. ANDERSEN's 'gal on the phone' says that they are only interested in warrantying "defective glass" That's not what their warranty says but there isn't anything we can do about it. Do yourself a favor; stay away from ANDERSEN products.
Avoid ANDERSEN sliders at all costs. We have one which will not slide without a fight. ANDERSEN says "sorry about that." They are only interested in warrantying "defective glass." That isn't what their warranty says but we can't do anything about it. Do yourself a favor; don't buy an ANDERSEN slider.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!