I have 3 custom build pocket (sometimes called hidden sliding doors) that are in need of repair. The doors no longer hang level and I haven't fiqured out how to level them. The roller bearing asembly on 2 of the doors also require repair. The space is so tight at the top of the door that I can bearly get a finger in much less a tool. Is there some trick or do I have to disassemble the moulding etc to get space to work. The doors separate the dining room from kitchen, kitchen from laundry room and master bedroom from spouse's bath.
Some doors can be removed by lifting up and away from the track. If this cannot be done then you will have to begin removing woodwork and anything else in the way. Do not be surprised if you also have to remove a small portion of the wall. This is all due to appearance and the hope by the contractor that he will never be the one who has to work on the doors in the future. HAVE FUN!!!!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight