I have 3 custom build pocket (sometimes called hidden sliding doors) that are in need of repair. The doors no longer hang level and I haven't fiqured out how to level them. The roller bearing asembly on 2 of the doors also require repair. The space is so tight at the top of the door that I can bearly get a finger in much less a tool. Is there some trick or do I have to disassemble the moulding etc to get space to work. The doors separate the dining room from kitchen, kitchen from laundry room and master bedroom from spouse's bath.
Some doors can be removed by lifting up and away from the track. If this cannot be done then you will have to begin removing woodwork and anything else in the way. Do not be surprised if you also have to remove a small portion of the wall. This is all due to appearance and the hope by the contractor that he will never be the one who has to work on the doors in the future. HAVE FUN!!!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!