I have 3 custom build pocket (sometimes called hidden sliding doors) that are in need of repair. The doors no longer hang level and I haven't fiqured out how to level them. The roller bearing asembly on 2 of the doors also require repair. The space is so tight at the top of the door that I can bearly get a finger in much less a tool. Is there some trick or do I have to disassemble the moulding etc to get space to work. The doors separate the dining room from kitchen, kitchen from laundry room and master bedroom from spouse's bath.
Some doors can be removed by lifting up and away from the track. If this cannot be done then you will have to begin removing woodwork and anything else in the way. Do not be surprised if you also have to remove a small portion of the wall. This is all due to appearance and the hope by the contractor that he will never be the one who has to work on the doors in the future. HAVE FUN!!!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!