We are in the process of planning the remodeling of our 9 1/2 x 5 bathroom and are considering the expansion of our ceiling to accommodate the installation of a skylight. With the expansion, we will lose our vent. However, there is a window in the shower area. Should I have the vent moved or is it okay to REmove? How necessary is it to have the vent if there is a window available for circulation? Hopefully the expanded ceiling will allow the steam to dissipate easier. Thoughts/Suggestions? Thanks.
You should just move the vent. If you take it out, then if you put up wall paper the steam will began to make the paper come loose. All some the vent helps remove moisture from the air, which can lead to milldew forming on the ceiling.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!