We are in the midst of new construction and our newly installed Anderson French doors are one and three fourth inches from the concrete slab. Our wood flooring will be just one half inch. Having the doors this far off the floor doesn't look right and looks to me to be a safety problem when trying to get outside. Should the doors be this high off the floor or were they installed incorrectly?
This is a design problem that was overlooked by you. It sounds like the contractor did what was on the drawing and failed to bring it to your attention. You could consider a 3/4 inch underlayment over the concrete or, the contractor can saw out the threshold to bring the level of the door down. It is an add-on and it will cost$$$$$ extra. The finished doors should be almost flush with the interior floor with the threshold causing a little rise.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!