I want to replace two solid closet doors with solid bi-folds, the space is 48 x 77,Do the bi-folds hang the same as the two existing? can I just use the existing track on top? What do I do For the bottom to keep the doors from swaying? How do I apply moldings to trim them out nice ? there is no existing molding. Thank You
Go to your local home center. Your door opening is a standard size. There are several styles of bifolds available and they all come with complete hardware kits. They will have everything you need for trimming out the opening also. Just ask.
With bi-fold doors there is a small track on the bottom that you screw into the floor to put an adjustable peg into- to keep the doors from swaying and you can vary the height. The track is only about 4 inches long and is as wide as the bi-fold door. For molding, treat it like you would an opening from one room to another. Trim it out the same way using the same materials.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!