I want to replace two solid closet doors with solid bi-folds, the space is 48 x 77,Do the bi-folds hang the same as the two existing? can I just use the existing track on top? What do I do For the bottom to keep the doors from swaying? How do I apply moldings to trim them out nice ? there is no existing molding. Thank You
Go to your local home center. Your door opening is a standard size. There are several styles of bifolds available and they all come with complete hardware kits. They will have everything you need for trimming out the opening also. Just ask.
With bi-fold doors there is a small track on the bottom that you screw into the floor to put an adjustable peg into- to keep the doors from swaying and you can vary the height. The track is only about 4 inches long and is as wide as the bi-fold door. For molding, treat it like you would an opening from one room to another. Trim it out the same way using the same materials.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!