I want to replace two solid closet doors with solid bi-folds, the space is 48 x 77,Do the bi-folds hang the same as the two existing? can I just use the existing track on top? What do I do For the bottom to keep the doors from swaying? How do I apply moldings to trim them out nice ? there is no existing molding. Thank You
Go to your local home center. Your door opening is a standard size. There are several styles of bifolds available and they all come with complete hardware kits. They will have everything you need for trimming out the opening also. Just ask.
With bi-fold doors there is a small track on the bottom that you screw into the floor to put an adjustable peg into- to keep the doors from swaying and you can vary the height. The track is only about 4 inches long and is as wide as the bi-fold door. For molding, treat it like you would an opening from one room to another. Trim it out the same way using the same materials.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes