I want to enclose this to provide privacy, improve energy conservation but still allow light into the front window (6ft long by 5 ft high).
I would be grateful of any suggestions.
front porch design
I have a 1950's house in Toronto. The front porch(not quite) is 30 ft by 5"5'', has a roof, but no sides and a concrete floor. The porch faces due north here in Toronto, Canada.
I have seen front porches enclosed. Some people enclose them by building a half wall and using windows the rest of the way. I have seen some with french doors all around. It look quite busy, but can still allow light in. I would try to keep with the style of the home. Drive around town to see if anybody else has an enclosed porch, and see what they used. The other option is to make it a 3 season porch and use the type of enclosures they use. Only problem is they look ugly, unless they are on the back of the house.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects