I want to enclose this to provide privacy, improve energy conservation but still allow light into the front window (6ft long by 5 ft high).
I would be grateful of any suggestions.
front porch design
I have a 1950's house in Toronto. The front porch(not quite) is 30 ft by 5"5'', has a roof, but no sides and a concrete floor. The porch faces due north here in Toronto, Canada.
I have seen front porches enclosed. Some people enclose them by building a half wall and using windows the rest of the way. I have seen some with french doors all around. It look quite busy, but can still allow light in. I would try to keep with the style of the home. Drive around town to see if anybody else has an enclosed porch, and see what they used. The other option is to make it a 3 season porch and use the type of enclosures they use. Only problem is they look ugly, unless they are on the back of the house.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love