I want to enclose this to provide privacy, improve energy conservation but still allow light into the front window (6ft long by 5 ft high).
I would be grateful of any suggestions.
front porch design
I have a 1950's house in Toronto. The front porch(not quite) is 30 ft by 5"5'', has a roof, but no sides and a concrete floor. The porch faces due north here in Toronto, Canada.
I have seen front porches enclosed. Some people enclose them by building a half wall and using windows the rest of the way. I have seen some with french doors all around. It look quite busy, but can still allow light in. I would try to keep with the style of the home. Drive around town to see if anybody else has an enclosed porch, and see what they used. The other option is to make it a 3 season porch and use the type of enclosures they use. Only problem is they look ugly, unless they are on the back of the house.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!