I want to enclose this to provide privacy, improve energy conservation but still allow light into the front window (6ft long by 5 ft high).
I would be grateful of any suggestions.
front porch design
I have a 1950's house in Toronto. The front porch(not quite) is 30 ft by 5"5'', has a roof, but no sides and a concrete floor. The porch faces due north here in Toronto, Canada.
I have seen front porches enclosed. Some people enclose them by building a half wall and using windows the rest of the way. I have seen some with french doors all around. It look quite busy, but can still allow light in. I would try to keep with the style of the home. Drive around town to see if anybody else has an enclosed porch, and see what they used. The other option is to make it a 3 season porch and use the type of enclosures they use. Only problem is they look ugly, unless they are on the back of the house.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers