I want to enclose this to provide privacy, improve energy conservation but still allow light into the front window (6ft long by 5 ft high).
I would be grateful of any suggestions.
front porch design
I have a 1950's house in Toronto. The front porch(not quite) is 30 ft by 5"5'', has a roof, but no sides and a concrete floor. The porch faces due north here in Toronto, Canada.
I have seen front porches enclosed. Some people enclose them by building a half wall and using windows the rest of the way. I have seen some with french doors all around. It look quite busy, but can still allow light in. I would try to keep with the style of the home. Drive around town to see if anybody else has an enclosed porch, and see what they used. The other option is to make it a 3 season porch and use the type of enclosures they use. Only problem is they look ugly, unless they are on the back of the house.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING