My front door is sticking on the side opposite side of the door hinges. Standing back and looking at the door, it slants slightly from left to right. The left side is the side of the hinges. Is there a simple way of correcting the problem without having to buy another front door.
If it's a wood door simply use a wood plane to correct the sticking problem. It sounds like the house or walls have settled some, so I doubt that you will be able to correct the slant. Good luck!
I would check the screws to make sure they are tight holding the hinges. But it sounds like you have a wood door that is glued and pressed together, if that is the case then the way to fix it correctly would be to have it either taken apart, reglued and repressed or buy a new door. Thats a normal problem with wood doors. If you use the wood plane and trim the side that is sticking most likely after a short period of time it will drop and start to stick again. Its literally falling apart and needs to be repaired.
Glass on storm door makes front door extremely hot
Colonial Front door colors?????
Tall Front Door
Charging $200 front door installation!!!! Come On!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Mirror Magic: 10 Ways of Using Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- 7 Powerful Cleaners in Your Pantry
- 10 DIY Ways to Dress Up Your House for Fall
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs