My front door is sticking on the side opposite side of the door hinges. Standing back and looking at the door, it slants slightly from left to right. The left side is the side of the hinges. Is there a simple way of correcting the problem without having to buy another front door.
If it's a wood door simply use a wood plane to correct the sticking problem. It sounds like the house or walls have settled some, so I doubt that you will be able to correct the slant. Good luck!
I would check the screws to make sure they are tight holding the hinges. But it sounds like you have a wood door that is glued and pressed together, if that is the case then the way to fix it correctly would be to have it either taken apart, reglued and repressed or buy a new door. Thats a normal problem with wood doors. If you use the wood plane and trim the side that is sticking most likely after a short period of time it will drop and start to stick again. Its literally falling apart and needs to be repaired.
Glass on storm door makes front door extremely hot
Colonial Front door colors?????
Tall Front Door
Charging $200 front door installation!!!! Come On!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs