My front door is sticking on the side opposite side of the door hinges. Standing back and looking at the door, it slants slightly from left to right. The left side is the side of the hinges. Is there a simple way of correcting the problem without having to buy another front door.
If it's a wood door simply use a wood plane to correct the sticking problem. It sounds like the house or walls have settled some, so I doubt that you will be able to correct the slant. Good luck!
I would check the screws to make sure they are tight holding the hinges. But it sounds like you have a wood door that is glued and pressed together, if that is the case then the way to fix it correctly would be to have it either taken apart, reglued and repressed or buy a new door. Thats a normal problem with wood doors. If you use the wood plane and trim the side that is sticking most likely after a short period of time it will drop and start to stick again. Its literally falling apart and needs to be repaired.
Glass on storm door makes front door extremely hot
Colonial Front door colors?????
Tall Front Door
Charging $200 front door installation!!!! Come On!!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 11 Cool DIY Sheds with Designs You Can Steal
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers