Garage Door Opener Repair
The gondola is the little thing that glides along the track. I’m assuming you do not have a screw-drive. The opener bar is attached, one end to the gondola, and the other, to the garage door. It (the gondola) needs to slide smoothly along the track. Then there’s the door wheels. Or do you have a 1-piece pivoting door, typically found in areas where there is no snow?
Did you recently adjust a spring or door track? Maybe someone hit the door or track. There are also a couple of screws on most of the opener units, which allow you to adjust the opening and closing force.
Try pulling the emergency handle to disengage the opener from the door. Then open and close toe door manually and see if it sticks anywhere. You can also try to consult your manual for more troubleshooting tips, if you still have it.
It could also be something internal to the unit, in which case it would probably be cheaper and easier, in the long run, to just go buy a new unit.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes