I need to know how to stop a door from
squeaking. It's my master bedroom door, which makes it really bothersome. I've tried WD-40 and that didn't work. I tried taking the hinges out, so I could soap them, but they won't budge. Could the screws be to tight? Need help. Thanks.
Hi Bumbly, considering that the hinges are the ONLY moving part, this IS the source of your problem. You will have to get the pins out, take a flat blade screwdriver and a hammer placing the blade angled on the head of the pin and tap up with the hammer, they will eventually loosen and come out. Once you have them out take some sandpaper to them removing any rust/buildup, coat them (and the inside of the brackets) with 3in1 oil, NOT WD40 (it evaporates relatively quickly). Problem should be solved. Good luck!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!