We are trying to buy an older house. The inside windows have rope pulleys to slide them up and down. Some of these ropes are broken. How can we fix them, if it is even possible. They are very nice windows, with character, and we'd rather not replace them with cookie cutter modern ones. Also, a former renter put an translucent contact paper type stuff on two of the windows for privacy. How can we get that off short of replacing the glass pane. Thanks.
Lots of Condensation of My Windows
picture window with condensation betwwen window and ...
how to repair an interior wooden door?
Old windows go where?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!