We are trying to buy an older house. The inside windows have rope pulleys to slide them up and down. Some of these ropes are broken. How can we fix them, if it is even possible. They are very nice windows, with character, and we'd rather not replace them with cookie cutter modern ones. Also, a former renter put an translucent contact paper type stuff on two of the windows for privacy. How can we get that off short of replacing the glass pane. Thanks.
Lots of Condensation of My Windows
picture window with condensation betwwen window and ...
how to repair an interior wooden door?
Old windows go where?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects