I purchased a home recently and the entry door has a sidelight that’s in bad condition. The sidelight is not your standard size. It's 9 inches. The door isn't in bad shape but since the sidelight and door is one unit I decided to replace the whole entryway. The problem is, the opening is 46 inches. I'm having a very hard time finding a door and sidelight that will fit this opening. Does anyone have any suggestions?
A custom-made combination would be very expensive. I'd say look for a set in which the side unit is too large and can be cut down a bit. The only concern you should have with this is that the window can't be cut, so the window must be small enough to fit the available space after that unit has been cut down. For symmetry, you might have to cut off equal parts of both sides.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!