We have a home built in 2000 with Semco double hung and casement windows and this is the poorest quality window I have ever seen. In the winter the condensation and frost on the inside is terrible. All the windows are rotting and have mold issue's in the winter. We live in Minnesota and our home was built by Mastercraft, would never replace with Semco!!
I am a consumer protection attorney working in Washington, DC and Maryland. My firm is investigating Semco windows. It would be helpful to our investigation if we could speak to anyone who has the windows installed in their home or business. If you are willing to have a brief conversation, I can be reached at (202) 789-3960 or by e-mail at [email protected] Thank you in advance for your consideration.
We had Semco windows installed in 1999 and so far have had 3 shatter. I just noticed the third one today. Asked the carpenter who installed them after the first one shattered, he said maybe our 100+ year old home is settling. Since then, 2 more have shattered. After finding the third one, my husband said it is probably the window, so I checked on-line. Anyone else have problems with shattering? I saw one person post that they had similar problem. We have also had problems with leakage--water pouring into our house when driving rain--I believe the contractor fixed it--after about 10 years.
Oh, yes--reading more posts. I posted previously about the 3 shattered windows. We also had all 3 storms (1999) rot out and fall apart. All need to be replaced. Thankfully we did not put Semco storms on all of our 30 windows--only did 3. Put Andersons on the rest, and they are holding up beautifully--unlike the rotted Semcos. When I called them all they told me is that they are not using that type of storm any longer--did not offer any credit on replacement storm or anything else.
Semco Windows Purchase
Replaced Semco windows
Semco windows: durable, easy to repair, easy to improve
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes