Hey everyone. During the removal of my Semco windows I did find alot of faulty construction practices. Huge gaps between the rough opening and the window unit itself. No tape along any of the windows. This was probably normal for the time 1994.The Andersens I put in(by the way same dimentions as the Semco)I taped and insulated around all the windows. I did it like I owned the place....Oh wait, I do. My builder was Wollard consrtuction services in Sunbury Ohio. He is probably retired by now. I am now in the process of replacing a rotted portion of roofing either due to faulty workmanship or design. After seeing the other work of my builder I'll go with the faulty workmanship idea......
I re-read my post. The windows still suck. The condensation and Ice build up make for a cheap display. Don't buy Semco unless Semco will will replace them in 10 to 15 years. Don't buy these windows.....
We have 2 6 foot sliders on the North back of the house. They wistle at you in the winter . Cold air blows right thru them...... Don't buy Semco. they are junk
If you want to improve your homes energy efficiency savings year after year, what companies should you consider for high performance replacement windows?
Replacement Windows Raleigh NC
Replacement Windows Raleigh NC
Hi, You may also try for stylish door and window decor for home where I have found also, Savoy provides Internal & external doors, interior and exterior doors, available online at cheap prices for nationwide delivery. It has various species of timber internal doors available in a massive selection of styles. Hope this will help to make your home more attractive.
We also have semco windows that leak during driving rain storms. We originally thought the log siding was the issue, after thousands of dollars to redo all the logs, add an eyebrow between the upper windows and the lower slider, the leaking continues. Our home is 15 years old, we are now looking at replacing the windows. Rather discouraging, we never thought the windows were the issue, unfortunately, after the restoration we again had leaking so we decided to prove the windows had to be the issue. We used a garden hose and sprayed the windows, only to find our slider below continued to have leaking in the same places inside as before the log restoration. We also sprayed the logs excluding the windows with no leaking. We would like Semco to help with the replacement, not only the windows but the possible destruction to the inner walls. Has Semco offered to help anyone???
No leaks. BUT!!! In 7 years of a new home 5 windows have lost their seals. For the frist two window failures Semco replaced sash and window but it cost us $100 for the repair bill. The next 3 have been reported. Supposedly Semco is sending replacement glass at which point it will cost about $250 for the prepair. 5 failed windows in 7 years is a lot by any window company standard.
I was told by the high end lumber yard that has a huge window and door display that Semco was the best also..boy were they wrong. I have leaks in the window seals the locks always fall out and I have 5 windows where the Balance...or as SEMCO calls it or sells it for $130 uninstalle Jamb liners have broken..a cheap little piece of string rots and breaks making the windows useless unless you prop them up with something. And I have a built in window over my foyer that is high dollar and it has leaked between the panes.. of course the standard answer if asked about warranty is that they must have been installed wrong...but the Semco rep from the lumber yard did the installation when the house was built.
Brent 11 is on the right track, we have a similar problem with windows leaking and causing sill and sheathing damage and ours were installed properly and maintained properly. currently waiting on them to reply to rquest to replace 9 windows...live on a Lake and Lakeside windows all failed
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees