I'm installing a 36" x 18" replacement slider window in my basement. The window fits well in the 2x6-constructed frame that is already there. The sill is flat. There is no angle to it. The instructions that came w/ the window say "Install supplied sill angle on wooden sill stool, 1/8" behind the blind stop. Caulk the inside and outside edges of the sill angle, where it meets the stool." The window came with a 36" piece of angle iron. I've already installed 1/2" quarter round blind stops on the exterior top and 2 sides. These are 1/2" from the outside edge of the 2x6-constructed frame.
1. What is the purpose of installing this piece of angle iron?
2. How do you install it? Do the 2 edges touch the 2x6-constructed, flat, non-angled frame, with one of the edges touching the bottom front of the window, like a tent? Does it get turned over and does one of the 2 sides get tucked under the window? Do I drill holes in it and attach it with screws? The angle iron has a short side and a longer side. Which side goes where? I don't get it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes