Two years ago we had the glass in a large front window replaced with low-e glass. (we face the south in the hot Okanagan Valley of B.C. Canada).
At certain times of the year the sun reflects on a patch of front lawn (the last 2 weeks in June). We watch this reflection gradually move over the driveway (no damage of course).....onto the grass just below the upper foundation and flower bed. Within those 2 weeks the grass is bleached WHITE.
Anyone with any suggestions as to what we can cover the grass with (not too unsightly) during this time frame for protection, or any other suggestions for our problem would be much appreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!