Two years ago we had the glass in a large front window replaced with low-e glass. (we face the south in the hot Okanagan Valley of B.C. Canada).
At certain times of the year the sun reflects on a patch of front lawn (the last 2 weeks in June). We watch this reflection gradually move over the driveway (no damage of course).....onto the grass just below the upper foundation and flower bed. Within those 2 weeks the grass is bleached WHITE.
Anyone with any suggestions as to what we can cover the grass with (not too unsightly) during this time frame for protection, or any other suggestions for our problem would be much appreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers