Two years ago we had the glass in a large front window replaced with low-e glass. (we face the south in the hot Okanagan Valley of B.C. Canada).
At certain times of the year the sun reflects on a patch of front lawn (the last 2 weeks in June). We watch this reflection gradually move over the driveway (no damage of course).....onto the grass just below the upper foundation and flower bed. Within those 2 weeks the grass is bleached WHITE.
Anyone with any suggestions as to what we can cover the grass with (not too unsightly) during this time frame for protection, or any other suggestions for our problem would be much appreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects