sliding patio door track
There is 1 thing you didn't mention. After 'loosening' up the rollers, did you try to LIFT the door up, into the top track a little to allow the BOTTOM part of the door to 'swing out'? Usually, you only need to loosen the rollers until you're able to lift and pull out.
Grab the door about 2/3rds of the way down, then lift, then see if the BOTTOM swings out. If it does, then lower it AND get a new grip (since your center-of-gravity is below the 1/2 way point of the door.) If this doesn't work, slide the door into different 'locations' while in the track and try the lift-and-pull-out method again.
If this doesn't work, maybe there's a retaining screw, or something, that's preventing the door from lifting upwards (at the top), or lifting out (at the bottom). DO check around. Come back if it doesn't work (and let me know if it does.)
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!