Easy, sort of.
You 'box' the archway forgetting about the arch part (for now.) Then, once you've got your WIDTH and HEIGHT all framed out, you cut your arch (on a jig-saw, or the like). You cut BOTH sides of the arch at one time (so you either mess them BOTH up at the same time, or you luck-out and cut them right at the same time.) You can nail them temporarily together until you're finished cutting them, makin sure you don't nail where you have to cut OR where they would get in the way of the saw.
Once you've got your sides cut (keeping your pairs together), cut a number of pieces of 2x4's that, when they're nailed BETWEEN each side, they're as wide as the arch! Use a piece of scrap wood to be sure you cut everything the right size. Once you've done that, you can use it as a template. Then, nail the 2 arches to the archway and buy some plastic/flexible corner bead, along w/some drywall, and finish the job!
If you have any particular ?'s, ask away. Just try to envision what's going on. (I kinda gave you the short version but I warned you it was 'Easy, kinda ...'
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 10 DIY Ways Renters Can Customize Their Space
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Secondhand Shopping Tips