okay well maybe only 1 hundred. They are really tiny brown or red ants. How can I get rid of them?
There are a lot of pesticides for ants but many are toxic and must be applied directly to the mound. One that is easy to use and doesn't require direct mound application is AMDRO. In Texas we use it mainly for fire ants but it works for all types. A relatively small jug will control an entire yard. The biggest problem is applying the very small quantities needed in a even fashion over a large area. The ants pick it up as forage and return to the mound. It works by destroying the queens ability to bear young. Thus, it is relatively slow to show results (1 to 2 weeks). You can apply it periodically during the year for pre-infestation control or just wait until the mounds show up. The stuff is benign to humans so it is easy to handle. It shouldn't be applied when the ground is wet.
Dog Kills Grass
Need help with fire damaged lawn -- sort of long -- ...
Killing, Removing Lawn to Install Small Paver Patio
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes