okay well maybe only 1 hundred. They are really tiny brown or red ants. How can I get rid of them?
There are a lot of pesticides for ants but many are toxic and must be applied directly to the mound. One that is easy to use and doesn't require direct mound application is AMDRO. In Texas we use it mainly for fire ants but it works for all types. A relatively small jug will control an entire yard. The biggest problem is applying the very small quantities needed in a even fashion over a large area. The ants pick it up as forage and return to the mound. It works by destroying the queens ability to bear young. Thus, it is relatively slow to show results (1 to 2 weeks). You can apply it periodically during the year for pre-infestation control or just wait until the mounds show up. The stuff is benign to humans so it is easy to handle. It shouldn't be applied when the ground is wet.
Dog Kills Grass
Need help with fire damaged lawn -- sort of long -- ...
Killing, Removing Lawn to Install Small Paver Patio
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!